Adobe Data Science Advances Era of Experience Business
The abundance of data and the digital opportunity has transformed the way we interact and conduct business. People have come to expect that every brand and product interaction be personalized, intuitive and amazing on every device and physical location. In this age of Experience Business, data science helps marketers surface insights to make better business decisions, create exceptional content and deliver amazing customer experiences through personalization, targeting and segmentation.
Today, at Adobe Summit EMEA, Adobe unveiled new data science capabilities across Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Document Cloud, and Adobe Marketing Cloud to help brands deliver the best possible experience at the right time to customers. Joining hundreds of existing data science-oriented capabilities across clouds, these new functionalities are aimed at delivering the best customer experiences across sites, apps and other touch points. Adobe data science algorithms uncover unexpected patterns from billions of data points. Our partners and customers benefit from these innovations to make better business decisions and engage their customers with much more personalized, impactful content.
Some of the new data science capabilities that span all three Adobe clouds include:
Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Smarter Allocation for Visitor Traffic: The auto-allocate capability in Adobe Target automatically discovers the highest-performing experiences and funnels live visitor traffic to those experiences even while you’re still testing. Auto-allocate is a content ‘traffic cop,” saving marketers countless hours and resources required to manually monitor tests and determine the best course of action for offers, messaging, and creative. For example, an online retailer may use auto-allocate to determine that a celebrity video touting the new line of t-shirts is driving the most purchases. The video will automatically be pushed to more online visitors, while at the same time the retailer continues to test the performance of other content like newsletters or banners.
- Advertising Insights in Action: Adobe Media Optimizer is now integrated with Adobe Analytics for richer metrics like engagement and conversion, as well as insights like how users navigate across display, search, and social ads, to optimize campaigns for the highest value customers. Read more about Adobe’s new data-driven advertising capabilities here.
- Propensity Scoring for Remarketing: At the National Retail Federation BIG Show in January, we announced a remarketing capability in Adobe Campaign. This capability allows retailers to instantly connect to consumers’ behavior online with contextual data to trigger a personalized email, SMS or push notification. Today we’re adding propensity scoring from Adobe Analytics for cart abandonment, a situation ripe for remarketing. Propensity scoring scores customers on their likelihood to not return to the site, so retailers may want to incentivize customers who abandon their carts and probably won’t come back. With propensity scoring, that retailer can predict and target which of these customers should get the discount, no discount or a different offer.
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Font Recognition and Comparison: Project DeepFont is an exploration in font recognition – something designers need every day. With the DeepFont app, creative can take a picture of a typeface and the app will immediately identify it, or it’s closest match. It’s like Shazam, but for type.
- Image Curation: Available as a Technology Preview in Lightroom on the web, Search leverages Adobe’s new image analysis technology to let users search through any image in their synchronized Lightroom collection to find an object in a photo. Users can search their image library for things like food, flowers, animals and more, and Lightroom’s Search technology will display images matching the search term without the need to manually label each photo.
Adobe Document Cloud
- Transforming Paper to PDF: Adobe Acrobat DC intelligently determines what is and what is not a document from a scanned image or photo and utilizes image-processing techniques like boundary detection, image enhancement and general cleanup – from region classification to shadow detection – to optimize a document’s usability and fidelity.
- Document Semantic Analysis: Acrobat DC accurately classifies words, paragraphs, lists, tables, form fields and figures in order to create insert rich semantics in documents that have none. This allows users to capture scans, images of documents or any arbitrary content and convert it to a PDF that is smart, searchable and easy to share and store.
Advancing the Experience Business
Experiences matter more now than ever. People expect every brand to understand what they want, when they want it, and make it easy. To meet these customer needs and stand out from the competition, organizations must become Experience Businesses. Adobe is the only company that brings together deep expertise in content creation and vast data science to deliver consistent, personalized and impactful experiences. With a robust technology platform, significant investments in data science, unique solutions across Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Document Cloud and a thriving ecosystem of partners and developers, Adobe helps customers become Experience Businesses.