Adobe Media Optimizer Delivers Greater Insights, More Optimization, and Simpler Workflow Updates
Summit 2016 has a lot going on for Adobe Media Optimizer with further integration within the Adobe Marketing Cloud as well as distinct updates to help our customers meet their day to day business objectives. Hopefully, you have read our blog post regarding everything going on with display and cross-device.
In this installment, I am going to cover the updates under three themes: 1) insights, 2) optimization, and 3) workflow.
We will go in order, Insights first. There are two areas to discuss here: Advertising Insights and Actionable Insights:
Adobe Media Optimizer now has the capability to deliver automated analyses, answering key questions related to search-campaign performance and optimization. By leveraging the vast data sets related to a customer’s campaigns, our accomplished team of business analysts have created a systematic approach to deliver in-depth findings pre-formatted to answer these questions.
The major hurdles Adobe is removing for customers and agencies include access to the right data, accurate analysis of the data, and the creation of a customer-ready report. With the press of button, these processes are done in less than a minute when hours of manual analysis would have been required previously.
The benefits include:
- Rich insights to 6 key questions: initial list for launch
- Day of Week Budget Recommendations
- Quality Score Campaign Trends
- Match Type Analysis
- Campaign Cap Analysis
- Pre- and Post-Campaign Tests
- Mobile Optimization Recommendations by Device
- Clear direction to optimize campaigns based on the findings
- Time Savings: Each of these reports will save a minimum of two – four hours per week, per person in time spent on data acquisition, analysis, and report creation.
It is easier than ever before to build custom workspaces with the recent updates to Freeform Workspaces in Adobe Analytics.
In this intuitive new reporting view, advertisers can quickly build large reports through drag-and-drop functionality.
Many advertisers instinctively turn to Excel for pivot tables, chart visualization, and Vlookup data connections. However, this new system eliminates the need to export and reformat data. Visualizations directly in the web interface are synced to the tables so tightly that the charts immediately render themselves for the selected cells. Pivot tables can be created simply by dragging segments or dimensions onto each other. Vlookup formulas are no longer required to connect scattered data sources because all the advertising and site-engagement data are fully unified according to custom labels and default classifications. The complete, traceable, pivotable, and real-time dataset of AMO’s native integration with Adobe Analytics results in the fastest way advertisers have ever had to manually find actionable insights.
Adobe is committed to extending its lead in the search market by continuing to advance our proprietary algorithms. The latest updates deliver performance lift through bid-optimization and budget-algorithm refinements for day-of-week modeling, intraday frequency, and geo-bid modifier recommendations.
The latest algorithmic innovation benefits include:
- Day-of-Week spend strategy significantly improves forecast-model accuracy by identifying consistent cyclical trends and automatically adjusting for the true traffic and conversion potential of each day. This improves conversion efficiency by making smarter bid trade-offs and improves cost control in automated budgeting.
- Intraday bid frequency is layered on the Day-of-Week spend strategy to compensate for surprising anomalies in hourly activity for today’s data. Adobe recalculates the forecasts for every part of the account with significant spikes or dips and updates the associated bids multiple times each day.
- Dimensional modeling expands from the proven success of Adobe’s device-bid modifier suggestions to this year’s automated location-bid modifiers. Percentage increases and decreases are layered over the core bid to capture opportunities for growth and suppress risks of waste. Such scalable and data-driven segmentation relieves advertisers from the burden of manually pivoting complex and time-consuming geographic reports.
We are delivering a complete redesign of the Search campaign-management interface to make the look and feel consistent with the rest of the Adobe Marketing Cloud.
The key interface redesign benefits for Search include:
- A new edit pane simplifies bulk changes, which can be previewed before approval or scheduled for future application.
- The new top shell facilitates cross-solution switching and notification alerts.
The Social-channel interface was updated last year, but we continue to deliver advances there. The big push is around bulk edit functions; customers will find it easy to make bulk campaign edits within the interface. However, if they are more comfortable with Microsoft Excel, it is easy to cut and paste between the interface, Excel, and back to do quick campaign adjustments.
Overall workflow between Search, Display, and Social is consistent with the Adobe Marketing Cloud UI; each channel has its unique features to make campaign creation, management, and optimization simple and intuitive, but they will look and feel familiar when switching between channels.
Mobile App Downloads
Adobe Media Optimizer is now connected with Adobe Mobile Analytics and the Adobe Mobile SDK. Customers can easily create, track and drive downloads for their apps through this connected experience.