Amplifying Human Creativity with Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the field of computer science that studies how to make computers good at new types of tasks – particularly tasks that until recently could only be done by human beings.
Machine learning (ML) is a subfield of AI devoted to creating programs that improve their performance when you give them more data, rather than requiring the improved performance to be programmed in by hand.
Deep learning is a set of ML techniques that are loosely modeled on how neurons in the brain communicate with each other and adapt to new data.
These technologies allow machines to perform tasks in seconds that can take humans hours.
Discover what is hidden. When information is hard to find because there’s too much of it to sort through or it takes too long to extract it, Adobe Sensei can help.
Accelerate what is slow. When repetitive, time-consuming processes are handled for you, you have more time to be creative and productive.
Decide what matters. When trends, anomalies, or significant events are brought to your attention and you can get data-driven recommendations on what works or ways to optimize, you can better prioritize decision-making.
1. Content intelligence — get help reading between the pixels.
Adobe Sensei is trained to deeply understand the language of digital content such as images, videos, animations, and illustrations. This helps you build better digital experiences faster and increase personalization.
For instance, there are over 100 million assets in Adobe Stock. This can make finding the right image a daunting, time-intensive task. However, through a combination of artificial intelligence and deep learning, Adobe Sensei can understand not only what objects are in the image, but also deeper concepts like the aesthetic quality, composition, color palette, and even emotional concepts behind the image, such as a query like “family on a beach at sunset with waves in the background.” Then, using this depth of understanding, the technology can rapidly search the entire Adobe Stock image library to find the images that most closely match your needs, helping you to find the perfect image for your marketing campaign or website design in seconds rather than hours.
Other ways Adobe Sensei understands content includes the following:
• Identifying and tagging images. Uses machine learning and deep learning to automatically tag images with key words as well as higher level concepts, Adobe Sensei saves photographers the drudgery of tagging thousands of photos while helping marketers and designers quickly tag and organize assets for better ROI.
• Selecting subjects from images. Understands images from a background, even fine details like hair, reducing the laborious masking process to a click and a few seconds.
• Summarizing text. Understands the meaning of large chunks of content and can automatically summarize the content down to the number of words you select, such as taking a 500-word piece and creating a 100-word executive summary.
• Analyzing the semantic structure of documents. Identifies features such as paragraphs, tables, or headings from visual features in either scanned or plain documents.
Graphic designer Jesús Ramirez, who was recently highlighted on Adobe’s blog, notes the ability to go to Adobe Stock and have the computer understand and find what he needs quickly is huge. “I needed hands in a specific position,” he says, “so I took photos of my own hands mimicking those positions and used them to search. In the past, I would have had to type in ‘hand,’ but how do you describe hands doing a certain thing? And even if you could, what are the odds that the creator used those same keywords? For things like that, AI is great.”
Discover the magic of Adobe Sensei.