Hidden Gems in Acrobat DC: Protect Confidential Information
In the BYOD world, security is crucial. Whether for work or personal life, it’s important to take security measures to protect documents with private information. Financial data, social security numbers, passwords… this information is vital, but isn’t necessarily secure over email. What if your message gets forwarded to the wrong person?
Adding an extra level of security to your PDF is quick and easy, plus it helps protect your personal information.
1. Open your document and select Protect from the Tools Center.
2. Choose Encrypt with Password from the Encrypt dropdown.
3. Check Require a password to open the document and enter a password. For each keystroke, the password strength meter evaluates your password and indicates the strength.
4. Confirm the Document Open Password and Save your document to encrypt the file.
5. Email your PDF file and password in separate messages.
Rest easy knowing your confidential information is safe and secure with Acrobat DC.
Think you know everything there is to know about Acrobat DC? Think again! Learn about more hidden gems by taking a look at the “Learn” section of our blog.
Not yet an Acrobat DC user? Sign up for our free trial.