Improve Office Productivity with In-App Signing
Do you live in Microsoft Word? Thousands of business documents from expense reports and sales quotes, to contracts and business plans are created in Microsoft Word every day. Endless more hours are spent formatting, editing, and perfecting every page break. But, what happens when the formatting journey is over? How are your Word documents used? Who are they sent to? How do your customers and co-workers interact with them? Word files are not just a document, but a container that can enable business processes within a document. Whether it’s capturing data or signatures, the Adobe Sign Add-In for Microsoft Word helps streamline these business processes.
Get up and running
Here’s what you need to install and get started using the Adobe Sign Add-In for Microsoft Word. The add-in can be used with an individual, team, business, or enterprise plan — even an Acrobat DC subscription. It allows you to log in with your existing Microsoft account or Office 365 credentials to sign and track documents directly from Word or even PowerPoint.
Using Send for Signature in Word
1. Start by selecting the Send for Signature icon in the Word ribbon, which opens the add-in panel on the right. By default, the currently open file is automatically attached.
2. Click into the white field under RECIPIENTS and start typing either a name or email address. If you enter more than one recipient, the order entered determines the signature order of the document.
3. In the MESSAGES section, change the title if necessary (by default the filename of the open document is used) and personalize your message.
4. Next, check the Preview & Send box to expose all the standard fields and tools for adding fields (this will not appear until the Continue button is clicked). Manually adding fields is not necessary unless you want to control the exact placement of signature fields.
5. The Continue button sends the agreement right away, or if you checked the Preview & Send box, the authoring page opens. Once all fields are placed, click the Send button at the bottom-right of the authoring page.
6. The More Options link opens a windowed version of the Send page in the web application, exposing all the standard options that you would normally see in the application.
Once the agreement is sent, the add-in panel presents a success notification. At any point, you can use the Agreement Status icon in the Word ribbon to track the signature progress. After a document is signed, it is securely stored online for easy access and auditing.
Check out this Adobe Sign for Microsoft Word & PowerPoint video to learn more about using the Adobe Sign Add-In.