Introducing Characterizer and More Game-changing Innovation in Character Animator CC
When we built Adobe Character Animator CC, we set out to create an entirely new way to animate high-quality work, so fast it could even be used live. Today, we are excited to reveal what’s next for our Adobe Sensei AI-powered animation tool. We will be delivering even more creative possibilities with Characterizer and new features that accelerate animation, including Replays, Magnets, and more.
First unveiled as Project Puppetron as an Adobe MAX sneak peek, Characterizer will soon be part of Character Animator CC. You will be able to bring original art into Character Animator, record a series of sounds and facial expressions, and Characterizer will generate a new unique character. We added slider controls to adjust the level of stylization and fine-tune of facial regions and expressions to get the result you want.
In a matter of seconds, you have a completely unique puppet that’s ready for your performance, regardless of your previous animation experience. You can use a webcam or other connected camera to record performances, just like you would with any Character Animator puppet, and transform your own image into a work of animated art.
More new features that advance the art of animation
Replays: We created Replays to help you re-use your best takes, like that one great laugh or perfectly-timed fist bump, live or in recorded performances. You will be able to trigger a facial expression or signature high-five to save you the time of having to recreate the same performance. Trim, extend, reposition, and blend replays in your timeline to fine-tune the final result.
Magnets: Make your animations more lively using Magnets, a new feature that allows puppets to throw, drop, and pick-up items, like tossing a baseball or grabbing a cup of coffee.
Squashiness parameter in physics: Add more life to your puppets and scenes by adjusting the squashiness parameter in the physics behaviors, allowing characters and objects in scenes to behave like more traditional cartoon animations.
Improvements to walk behavior: With newly added shoulder-sway and hip-sway tags, three-quarter view walks are now possible, adding more variety to the included walk cycles.
History bookmarks: Access previous versions of your project’s history, giving you the freedom to experiment with new ideas and versions without fear of losing your original or current work.
Join the conversation
Please join us in the Character Animator forums to ask questions about these upcoming features — it’s the best place to have a conversation with us. If you’d like to submit feature requests or bug reports, you can do so on this page.
Want more? Check out these links
- To see new Character Animator tutorials, visit the Ch tutorial home page
- Learn more about Adobe Creative Cloud video and audio tools
- Download the latest version or a free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Check out the customers presenting in the Adobe booth at IBC 2018
- Adobe Creative Cloud for video What’s New document and IBC 2018 Datasheet
- Read Top 10 Reasons to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Blogs: Read what’s new for Adobe Creative Cloud video and audio tools, including in After Effects, Audition, Character Animator, and Stock
- Facebook: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, CC Video & Audio, Adobe Stock
- Twitter: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, CC Video & Audio, Adobe Stock