Summit 2016: Are You an Experience Business?
Adobe Summit, the world’s largest digital marketing conference, kicks off today in its new location, Las Vegas, attracting a record-breaking 10,000 attendees. This year’s theme centers on becoming an “Experience Business,” which taps into our observation that we’re entering a new era in our industry that’s all about creating an exceptional customer experience at every touch point – from websites and mobile apps to retail environments.
Marketing leaders have three full days packed with 150+ sessions in nine different tracks to explore the latest strategies for delivering the ideal experience to every customer. Main stage speakers will feature Oscar-award winning actor and director George Clooney, “Silicon Valley” star Thomas Middledich, actor and singer Donny Osmond, World Champion soccer player Abby Wambach, and more. The Summit Bash on Wednesday night will feature Weezer.
Marketing Cloud Enhancements
At Summit, Adobe is unveiling the next generation of Adobe Marketing Cloud to help marketers deliver customer experiences that get results. Here’s a rundown of the news we’re announcing at Summit:
- Adobe Platform enhancements including updates to Adobe Exchange, which hosts hundreds of apps and integrations and enables partners to extend the functionality of Adobe Marketing Cloud. We’re also launching Adobe.io, Adobe’s new developer portal, which enables developers to download the Adobe Marketing Cloud software development kit and easily access API routines and protocols.
- New Adobe Certified Metrics offer standardized digital census data for more accurate measurement of digital audiences. By leveraging Adobe Certified Metrics, measurement partners, such as ComScore and Neilsen, can provide a complete view of total digital audience engagement across TV and digital to increase ad revenue opportunities.
- The new Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op is a network that will enable the world’s biggest brands to work together to better identify customers as they move from one digital device to another – all while adhering to the highest standards of privacy and transparency.
- Deeper integration of AEM Mobile with Apache Cordova helps customers build mobile-app extensions to create richer content experiences. AEM Mobile simplifies the process of building and managing visually appealing enterprise apps that are as easy to use as consumer apps.
- Mobile Core Services tools for brands to optimize the way they interact with users. The new deep linking capability within Adobe Marketing Cloud allows brands to send promotional offers that will take the customer directly to the product page within the app itself, eliminating multiple steps and providing a better consumer experience
- New capabilities in Adobe Primetime that extend the solution to Over-the-Top (OTT) platforms, which makes it easy for TV networks and pay-TV providers to deliver more personalized TV and ad experiences directly to consumers across connected devices.
- New data science capabilities including SmartPics, a TV recommendation engine and automated insight for advertising. The new algorithms simplify the process of extracting insights from billions of data points to help marketers make better business decisions.
Follow Our Summit Insiders
Follow these six Summit Insiders who have been selected to provide on-the-ground coverage at Summit this year. They’re a group of marketing experts who will share their insights, observations, and experience via social media, blogging and other digital outlets.
Our Summit Insiders have two Twitter chats and a podcast planned this week. See more details and join the conversation on Twitter!